Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Just saw Miss Wyoming walk by in the Denver airport.

She smiled at me as she went past our table. I knew it was her because she was sporting a cowboy hat, really short skirt, fancy spurs on her boots and a shoulder-to-waist diagonal sash that read "Miss Wyoming". I could have sworn she winked at me, but that may have been my imagination.

As I watched her disappear into the sea of fellow fliers, I noticed heads turning to do the same thing I was doing. I turned back to Nell. She was still texting and had not seen what I'd just been witnessing, so I immediately told her. "Was she pretty?" she asked!

Not wanting to appear star-struck, I answered, "Yes, you could say she was pretty, but what I noticed most about her was how her warm and friendly smile radiated the atmosphere, and how her countenance and the way she walked and carried herself spoke volumes of her extreme intelligence and strong insatiable desire for World Peace! She probably sings like an opera star, is astute in piano and plays the harp like an angel. I was left with a secure feeling of knowledge in my heart and soul that she had a very bright and promising future. I'm quite sure she'll change the world in some unique way."

Just kidding! I told Nell she was very pretty!

No comments: